Monday, June 8, 2009

1 week down, 9 to go!

It's crazy to think that we've already been here a whole week. I feel like I've been here way longer. This week went by super fast though, I hope the rest of the time doesn't!

I can't get over the weather out here. It's simply amazing. I was telling my mom just today over the phone how there's no need to look up the weather each day. Love it!

OH! I haven't had a chance to talk about my ministry team yet! Since all the staff leaves at the beginning of July, the students are left to take over project. We are all divided into ministry teams (depending on our skills and preferences) to take over a different part of project. My top two were Community Team (which plans fun events for project) and Training Team (which trains the project on how to better share and defend our faith). Fortunately, I was put in the Training Team group. I'm actually really excited AND really nervous about this. Each Sunday, we will meet with our staff members and learn what needs to be taught that particular week. Then on whichever day we go to campus to share (my day is Tuesday at San Diego State University), we then train the other project students. I'm really excited to see what I learn through it all, but also nervous about teaching it to about 40 other students. But, I know that God has prepared me for this and I will do just fine. I just hope and pray that what I teach the students will help them during their sharing times. 

Last night we got paired with our Bible Study groups for the summer. A group of two guys and two girls. It should be a really good experience. Each week we'll take turns leading the Bible study on our campus. As we spend the day at campus sharing our faith, we will also invite the people we meet to our Bible Studies. In the beginning the study will be just us four, but hopefully by the end of the summer we'll have a number of college students attending.

I spent today continuing trying to find a job. I've been stopping by places that I've applied to and making some phone calls. Right now, I'm sitting on the bay relaxing in the sun. Someone randomly found internet connection out here, so we now have some place closer to go to to get online! :)

Here's some pictures of my apartment!

The first picture is half of the room I'm in. The second picture is the other half. My bed is the top one with the purple and pink sheets!




















This is our kitchen! It's really nice compared to the other girl's apartments. The last picture is the other room in our apartment. They're a whole lot more squeezed together than my room.














-Sarah :)

"When you trust in God, it's like giving Him a big hug."

No comments:

Post a Comment