Saturday, June 20, 2009

His Love Endures Forever

How great and amazing is the Lord's love for us? He knows every struggle, every sin, and every imperfection. Yet His love for us is never ending. I wish I could love others the way He loves me.

About 30 minutes after my last post, Shelly came home. However, she immediately packed her bags to head to the airport to go home. The doctors officially diagnosed her with shingles, and she will be contagious for 4 weeks. Because of everything that's going on at home with her family, and the pain she's in here, she thought it would be best to go back home. It was extremely hard to see another girl leave. Those who were here when she left walked her to the car, prayed for her, and watched her drive away. It was really sad, we just all have to keep remembering that this is in God's plan.

Last night after Friday Night Live, representatives from Invisible Children came to spoke to us. I was so excited for this! They showed a movie and sold some merchandise, which was super hard for me to buy! The also told us that they needed volunteers to work on Monday at their headquarters in San Diego. Since I am still unemployed, I signed up! I'M SO EXCITED! I think I'm going to go up to the first important person I see and ask them to ship me over to Uganda right now haha. I'll let you know how it goes and what I do while I'm there :)

Tonight is our Photo Scavenger Hunt around Mission Beach. After that, we have Saturday night family dinner (condo 3 dinner). Since the scavenger hunt will most likely go into normal dinner time hours, we'll probably just order a pizza :)

Beautiful San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment