Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We have Internet!

The girl's condos officially have internet :)

UPDATE ON ILLNESSES: Rachel is over her cold and back to normal. Allie is fine, but still debating on whether or not she wants to have surgery here or go home :( Shelly has been diagnosed with shingles. She spent a day here in our condo, but yesterday was moved to the Holiday Inn :( Last night we all went to visit her and brought her Yogurtland, but it was so sad to leave her there alone. Shelly is also debating on whether or not to stay here or go back home :( sad.

Yesterday was our first day on campus at San Diego State University (SDSU)! It was so great! The campus is HUGE, but beautiful! We arrived at around 9am, I did my training period with the group, then we were sent off with our Bible Study Groups (Rachel, Jared, Will, and I) to go share some Jesus! It was really good! It was hard to initiate conversations at first, but after awhile we all felt so confident. We were given surveys to ask people, but the last question leads into the discussion of the gospel, which we then transition to. We got a few students to say that they wanted to come to Friday Night Live and some who said that they wanted to join the Bible Studies we do on campus :) God is definitely at work on that campus already, and I'm so excited to see what He does!

I found out that my sorority (Alpha Chi Omega) is located on the SDSU campus. I'm so excited for this! I hope and pray that I'll be able to find some sisters to share with and invite to our Bible study. 

Today I'm going to spend making some job phone calls, tanning on the roof, and then going out with my church doing some community service. It should be fun!
My growth group! Shannon, Katelyn, Emily (leader), myself, and Rachel :)

Visiting Shelly at the Holiday Inn!

My Bible study co-leader, Will!

No comments:

Post a Comment