Today was the day I spent at the Invisible Children Headquarters! It was so great! We arrived at the offices downtown, got a tour, then started stuffing envelopes. While we were doing so, they played a LIVE showing of the conference that happened in Washington DC. We also got to see another movie of THE RESCUE. It was amazing!
Tonight is women's NOR (Night of Reflection). This is a two hour time for all of us to have dates with Jesus! Most girls go to a coffee shop and read their Bibles, journal, or listen to a surmon. Last week I went to a Starbucks that was fairly far away, just so there wouldn't be too many girls there. But since I'm still unemployed, and trying to save money, I think I will avoid temptation and have my NOR by the beach.
I ask you all to keep being a prayer about my job situation. It's getting difficult to keep on going without a paycheck coming in. I am also $800 away before I am done with my support raising.
Tomorrow will be my second day on campus at SDSU! I'm excited! I'll be leading a presentation on "Why We Can Trust the Bible," and then leading our Bible study on Hebrews. Pray that we can continue to have good conversations with the students, and that a few will be able to join our Bible study. :)
Love you all :)
No comments:
Post a Comment