Saturday, June 6, 2009

"I wanna move out west where the sun is always shining"

Hey everyone!

Here I am again, sitting at the outdoor cafe shop drinking some Izza Sparkling Juice :) These past few days have been wonderful! Yesterday we had a morning meeting on "how to be filled with the spirit." I just love our talks out here. Sitting in the San Diego sun as we here the word of God..amazing! After that we were sent off for some more job searching. I was told by both Starbucks and Taco Bell that I would find out if I am for sure hired there by Monday. So, let's keep our fingers crossed!

After job searching I then headed to the beach for an hour or so. Since we've been so busy this past week, we haven't had any time to spend out at the beach. It was great to hang out with some friends as we throw a nerf ball around on the beach. Some of the guys taught me how to successfully throw a nerf ball haha, so I'm thinking by the end of the summer I'll be a pro! :) Then we had our weekly "Friday Night Live," or FNL for short. Sang some great worship, heard a great talk, and won a game for being the fastest texter on project :) Mom - you ought to be proud!

After FNL, myself along with 4 other girls and 5 guys decided to go running on the beach! It was the best time of my life! Running barefoot on the sand as the waves kept splashing on us. After our "fun run" we then all held hands and ran into the ocean :) It was so fun! After that we decided to shower and walk to Yogurtland! (For those of you that don't know, Yogurtland is a local yogurt/ice cream place. About 14 different flavors, all self-served, and only 30 cents an oz. So yummy!). After Yogurtland, the boys decided that they were still hungry, so we headed across the street to Denny's for some late night breakfast :)

On our way back from our night out, we saw an ACTUAL high speed car chase! We randomly saw a helicopter in the sky with a massive spot light. As we were looking up at it, this 80's minivan came flying past us going about 80mph, followed by seven cop cars haha. It was crazy! I've never witnessed a high speed car chase before. Every couple minutes or so there would be another two cops cars racing down the street after them. I'm going to have to read the newspaper to see what exactly happened.

So today is our free day. :) Which meant that we got to sleep in till about 7:30! haha, I would never ever thought I would consider 7:30 as "sleeping in." Once I got ready, I met up with my growth group leader, Emily, and went to breakfast. We went to La Playa (the place with the french fries IN the burritos) and had some breakfast burritos as we got to know each other more.

Today I'm going to be learning how to surf!!! There's a surf board rental store right down the street that gives all rentals to project students for FREE. So, let's hope I don't break a bone! :)

Love you all!! Give me a call or text me sometime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment