A few days ago, I was on the phone with my mom and the topic of coming home came up. Since I have yet to find a job and still have support to raise, it would be better if I came home. Even if I couldn't find a job in St. Louis, I would still not be spending money like I would here (for food, bus passes, etc.). These past few days have been really rough. I spent so many times crying about the thought of coming home. I knew that the Lord wanted me here, but I just couldn't see His provisions.
Then last night while talking to my growth group leader, Emily, she helped reassure my faith in the situation. We went through different scripture that reminded me of how the Lord is made strong through my weaknesses, and how even when I'm suffering, He's compassionate. We read through Lamentations 3:22-26 and 2 Corinthians 12:8-10. I would type it out all here, but since I'm in a time crunch I cannot. But I HIGHLY suggest that you all read it :) So after two rough days, I finally had a sense of peace again. I didn't want my love for Him to decrease just because I didn't necessarily get what I wanted HOW I wanted it. I want to have a consistent relationship with Him; where no matter what happens, I will always praise Him.
After we talked, she then told me that she wanted to help support me...with $500. WOW! Her support came in so much that she has some left over, and rather than spend it on food for herself, she's giving it to me. I couldn't believe it!
Then today, about an hour ago, I was telling my accountability partner this amazing story. Afterwards she told me that she had good news for me. She told me that back when talk of me having to go home (as well as others) came up, she sent out a Facebook message to friends asking for help. Her friends replied, and sent in $250 for me...WOW! People that I don't even know, and probably won't even meet, are supporting me. Not only that, but there are still some that are sending money in. God is just TOO GOOD.
I have to run! BUT I'll write more later! I just wanted to tell you all so you could be as happy as I am right now :) LOVE YOU ALL!
No comments:
Post a Comment